Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Heart Friends

So, Matt and I are obsessed with the TV show, Friends.  I mean we are crazy freaks when it comes to this show. (Him more than me I must say.)  Any who, we are so excited that our fav comedy comes on six times a day!  Yes, we watch it for three hours. Every single day!  And we have 110 shows recorded on our DVR.  I told you, we are nuts!

We know every episode by heart.  Matt and I haven't admitted this to one another but we are secretly in competition with each other to see who can say the most lines before they are said.  I kick his butt.  Or at least when it comes to Ms. Green.  Yep, Rachel's my favorite.  I know every single one of her lines.  I am pretty sure I have copied her hair and wardrobe the whole ten years it was on air and the seven years post show.   Ross is my other fav, his character got so funny as the show went on.

Some our favorite moments are when they reference to Monica's favorite drink twice...about five years apart.  A scotch on the rocks with a twist.  That's part of the greatness of the show.   Consistency.  And when Rachel and Chandler are eating the cheesecake off the floor in the hallway and Joey walks up and sees them and then pulls a fork out of his jacket and says, "Alright, what are we having?"  Classic.  And don't even get me started on when Rachel and Chandler are helping Ross move his new, large, very white couch up the stairs.  "Pivot.  Pivot.  Pivot.  Pivot.  Pivot."  Love it.

This show makes us wish we lived in New York City and lived across the hall from our best friends.   I want to move their one day and open a coffee shop, Central Perk.  It would look identical to the shop on the show.  I love the burnt orange couch and the super cool cappuccino maker.   And all the Friends cast would be there on opening day to cut the ribbon.  Just an idea.

This show holds a place in my heart.  I grew up watching this show.  Now I am married and enjoy it with Matt.  Thank goodness he adores it as much as me.  To our future kids: we can't wait to share our obsession with you one day.




No comments:

Post a Comment