Saturday, September 17, 2011

Show Off

On Friday night, we had a school luau at work.  We had games, food, a dance floor and a bounce house.  It was a lot of fun...until I thought I was invincible.

For some reason, I was feeling like I was 13 years old again and got inside the bounce house and did a flip to impress everyone.  BIG mistake.  When my flip rounded out, my neck and head flew forward almost hitting my knees.  I remember thinking at that point, 'Did I just give myself whiplash?'  I felt sick for a couple hours after that with nausea and being lightheaded.  I took some medicine and it passed.

When I woke up this morning, my neck was unbelievably sore and stiff.  I have woken up sore before in my back, neck and shoulder blades but never anything like this.  When I got up to use the restroom, I told Matt that something happened to my neck over night.  This is not just from my pillow or bed.

I have been on the couch all day, lying down, resting.  But I haven't been able to relax or get comfortable.  My head has been hurting off and on.  It hurts to move.  It hurts to lift or turn my head.  It really hurts when I go to stand up.  Hopefully, it is just soreness and works its way out.

All day, I have been wondering why I am hurting so bad.  And then at 10:00 tonight I remembered flipping last night.  Now, I feel kind of old.  It's like my body failed me for the first time or something.  I am not a teenager anymore, I'm 25.  (Everyone older than me is probably rolling their eyes right now.  You are thinking, '25 isn't old'.  But it is when you want to flip in a bounce house.) I can't flop all over the place like I used to.  Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment